[PlanetCCRMA] possible trouble with newest FC3 updates

Tracey Hytry shakti@bayarea.net
Thu Aug 18 06:49:01 2005

Hi all,

Since I had seen that fedora had updated a few things, and Fernanado had updated a few other things on FC3, that I'd use synaptic and get the files.

Now I know that there were some things said about fedora's statement about don't expect other repositories to work with theirs?  I guesss they may have proven their point?

Here's the error I get from the apt system:

While preparing for installation:

	file /usr/bin/sweep from install of lam-7.1.1-7.FC3 conflicts with file from package sweep-0.8.3-2.rhfc3.ccrma
	file /usr/share/man/man1/sweep.1.gz from install of lam-7.1.1-7.FC3 conflicts with file from package sweep-0.8.3-2.rhfc3.ccrma

I guess the above pretty much explains it!

For myself, I decided that the sweep audio package is more important then the new lam package that fedora has brewed up, so I'll pass on upgrading lam for the time being.

Tracey.