[PlanetCCRMA] Tascam 428

Eric Princen eprincen@boatertalk.com
Wed Aug 17 14:42:01 2005

Has anyone had any luck with this device (FC4)? I've done a TON of web
searches and so far I haven't had much luck. I can get the USB LED to
come on, but using it for playback, capture, or MIDI isn't yet an
option. I'm currently using Cubase in XP in my studio until I can get
this figured out. Since the 428 doesn't have motorized faders (for that
fairly useless move-once, never-touch-again mastering technique,) it
wouldn't be a crime to go get a good PCI auto/MIDI card, but I really
don't have the money for that right now. I'd rather use what I have.

BTW, I've been using Linux since 93. I'm pretty good under the hood. I
even have a bug fix in the kernel. :-) I'm thinking the support required
for this device is either not mature or not well documented (or, in
classic Linux device support fashion, both. :-)

TIA,

-Eric ;-)

--
Eric Princen