[PlanetCCRMA] planetedge kernels and POSIX semaphores

Charlls Quarra charlls_quarra@yahoo.com.ar
Sat Aug 13 07:42:01 2005

 --- Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@ccrma.Stanford.EDU>
escribió:

> If you need nptl and rh9 you could use the
> capabilities enabled Planet
> CCRMA kernel that derives from the original RedHat
> kernel but the
> tradeoff is that the latency behavior is not that
> good.

There seems to be at least two problems with rh9 with
capabilities; the jack ccrma package seems to be
compiled with Sys V SHM support (thats the message i
get from the qjackctl window when i start it). Also,
the modules for my CM8738 on board card doesn't load,
if i do alsasound start it will dump me:

# /etc/init.d/alsasound start
Starting sound driver snd-cmipci modprobe: Can't
locate module snd-cmipci

    [FAILED]

if i do alsaconf it will say that there are no PCI or
PnP cards. However, lspci detects the cards

00:0f.0 Multimedia audio controller: C-Media
Electronics Inc CM8738 (rev 10)
00:0f.1 Communication controller: C-Media Electronics
Inc CM8738 (rev 10)

I get completely good sound and jack starts nice with
the 2.4.26 ll kernel

I didn't know if it was better to ask for help here or
in the ALsa mailing list, but since it seems to be
kernel related, i thought give it a shot first here

 cheers

1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
http://correo.yahoo.com.ar