[PlanetCCRMA] x-cd-roast and kb3 cannot find cd and dvd drives?

fonse006 fonse006@csusm.edu
Thu Aug 11 23:07:01 2005

>===== Original Message From scott james <muzycmynd4000@yahoo.com> =====
>I got my sound back through trial and error. Now I am
>trying to burn an fc4 but neither evoulition cd
>writer, k3b or x cd roast can find my drives, It just
>sticks on scanning for devices.  Anyone have any Ideas?

I think that the first thing that you should try is to check to see if
cdrecord works at all I am not sure if evolution uses cdrecord to actually
write to a cdr but I know that the others do.  First you need to see what
device your cd burner is so do cdrecord --scanbus. That will give you some
output similar to this:
scsibus0:
        0,0,0     0) 'HITACHI ' 'GD-2000         ' '1000' Removable CD-ROM
        0,1,0     1) 'LITE-ON ' 'LTR-24102B      ' '5S54' Removable CD-ROM
        0,2,0     2) *
        0,3,0     3) *
        0,4,0     4) *
        0,5,0     5) *
        0,6,0     6) *
        0,7,0     7) *

I know that my cd burner is the LITE-ON one so the command for me to burn a cd
will be:
cdrecord -v speed=24 dev=0,1,0 -data cd_image.iso
You can download a iso or make one yourself with mkisofs to test it.  If you
cannot get that to work then your problem is lower level than just the
frontend not being able to find the burner. If it does work then you know that
your problem is with the front end.  In order to troubleshoot that problem
though we will need to have some output to work with.  You can try to open
those programs from the terminal and post the output.  I hope this helps.

Adam