[PlanetCCRMA] compiling ardour cvs

Thu Aug 11 12:32:02 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 09:55, Paul Keyes wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> The most current version of Ardour in the ccrma
> repository (ardour-0.9beta29-1.rhfc3.ccrma) has a bug
> that prohibits the use of the TAP Dynamics (M) plugin.
>  When I try to open this plugin I just get a giant
> window that covers the whole screen and all I can do
> is close the plugin.  Since i need to use this plugin
> and I've heard the problem is fixed in CVS version of
> ardour, I'm trying to compile ardour from a cvs
> snapshot.  However, when I run scons I get this error:
>
> "Cannot find the "gtk-config" command. This normally
> means that you either have not installed Gtk+ 1.2, or
> that you have installed in a place not mentioned in
> your PATH setting"
>
> I have the most current version of Gtk+ installed from
> ccrma but I can't find the gtk-config script.

You need the matching "-devel" package, try:
  apt-get install gtk+-devel
(you may need the "-devel" packages for others as well)

You should download and install the .src.rpm package (the source
package) and see how ardour is built for Planet CCRMA.

There's even one .src.rpm (for the fc4 build) that comes from cvs.
Source packages are in:
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/all/linux/SRPMS/

-- Fernando