[PlanetCCRMA] compiling ardour cvs

Paul Keyes paul_s_keyes@yahoo.ca
Thu Aug 11 09:57:01 2005

Hi All,

The most current version of Ardour in the ccrma
repository (ardour-0.9beta29-1.rhfc3.ccrma) has a bug
that prohibits the use of the TAP Dynamics (M) plugin.
 When I try to open this plugin I just get a giant
window that covers the whole screen and all I can do
is close the plugin.  Since i need to use this plugin
and I've heard the problem is fixed in CVS version of
ardour, I'm trying to compile ardour from a cvs
snapshot.  However, when I run scons I get this error:

"Cannot find the "gtk-config" command. This normally
means that you either have not installed Gtk+ 1.2, or
that you have installed in a place not mentioned in
your PATH setting"

I have the most current version of Gtk+ installed from
ccrma but I can't find the gtk-config script.

Does anyone have any advice?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Paul