[PlanetCCRMA] Qjackctl settings for Delta 1010LT?

Mark Knecht markknecht@gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 14:42:01 2005

I do use outboard units effects both when tracking and mixing.

Note: When tracking I do not record the outboard effect. As per this
discussion I would receive a vocal, send it dry to Ardour for
recording, but also send it in the HDSP 9652 to the external reverb,
bring it back through a return on the HDSP and mix it with the signal
going to the headphones. Latency is near 0.

For mixdown I'm mostly using GigaPulse right now as my main reverb.
This entails sending from Ardour to a Windows/GigaStudio PC, flowing
through GigaPulse there, and returning to Ardour where the reverb is
recorded. When I'm happy with things I've had to do some latency
adjustments as this path is somewhat slow. I'm hopeful that the new
latency compensation work in Ardour may help eliminate this in the
future.

Cheers,
Mark