[PlanetCCRMA] Qjackctl settings for Delta 1010LT?

Timo timo.sivula@gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 04:13:02 2005

Joe, Mark, et al,

seems like -p 64 is too low for the Delta 1010LT as you said. I now
have three hours of continuous listening to http://www.auralmoon.com
with alsaplayer with 0 xruns using -n 2 -p 128. Seems stable also when
recording audio with Rosegarden. Tests continue.

While recording drums hw monitoring is fine, but for vocal recording
it is nice to be able to mix in a bit of reverb into the monitor line.
It helps the vocalist. To do that you need pretty low latency if you
want to use the DAW effects. -n 2 -p 128 is 5.8 ms when using 44.1
kHz, which should be good enough for this purpose, at least I can not
hear that in the monitor reverb, but then again, I am a drummer, not a
vocalist ;-)

Thanks