[PlanetCCRMA] libtool dependency in FC3 PlanetCCRMA sound apps needs updating?

Ken Dawson / Chia Wu dawsonwu@rahul.net
Mon Aug 8 13:55:02 2005

Hello,

I have the PlanetCCRMA sound apps installed on two FC3 systems.

It seems that some recent Fedora Core 3 updates included an update to libtool.
As a result, attempts to do a dist-upgrade from the planet results in an error:

     # apt-get update
     Get:1 http://ccrma.stanford.edu fedora/3/i386 release [1617B]
     Fetched 2122B in 0s (7574B/s)
     Hit http://ccrma.stanford.edu fedora/3/i386/core pkglist
     Hit http://sluglug.ucsc.edu fedora/3/macromedia pkglist
     Hit http://sluglug.ucsc.edu fedora/3/macromedia release
     Hit http://ccrma.stanford.edu fedora/3/i386/core release
     Hit http://ccrma.stanford.edu fedora/3/i386/updates pkglist
     Hit http://ccrma.stanford.edu fedora/3/i386/updates release
     Hit http://ccrma.stanford.edu fedora/3/i386/planetccrma pkglist
     Hit http://ccrma.stanford.edu fedora/3/i386/planetccrma release
     Hit http://ccrma.stanford.edu fedora/3/i386/planetcore pkglist
     Hit http://ccrma.stanford.edu fedora/3/i386/planetcore release
     Reading Package Lists... Done
     Building Dependency Tree... Done
     -bash-3.00# apt-get dist-upgrade
     Reading Package Lists... Done
     Building Dependency Tree... Done
     You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these.
       libtool: Depends: gcc (= 3.4.3) but 3.4.4-2.fc3 is installed
     E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.

I did try the suggested 'apt-get install -f', and that uninstalled libtool,
which allowed the dist-upgrade to succeed.  I then did a 'yum install libtool',
which re-installed the new libtool.  The dependency problem then returned.

Is there some version of an apt command which I can run to pinpoint what sound
app has this dependency?  Presumably its dependency check needs to be relaxed a bit.

Thanks,

/ken