[PlanetCCRMA] VST Howto

Turkay Guner turkayguner@gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 19:34:02 2005

Hi Timo,

Good start at first sight, nice work.

In my opinion many people that are not into Linux or Linux Audio won't
understand the Wine thing ..etc. I know many people around asking
"Free software.. good... but can i have the power to use my precious
VST(i)s ?" So you may put some very very basic links on for each steps
to get them to realize what they will do to start it getting worked.
Just an idea...

I guess these will be the very first questions of FAQ section;
"Will all my VST(i)s working under  Win32 apps be supported with FC3?"
"Which VST(i)s really work and which are not?
"Is there any limitation of the number of running VST(i)s at the same time?"
"Can i use them standalone as was in Windows?"
"Is there any issue about latency when using VST(i)s? Or is it all
depends on configuration and hardware?"
"My VST(i)s is not working or some features are missing there or
sounds totally crap. Then, what must i do?"

And many other questions not in my mind meanwhile...

Good luck..