[PlanetCCRMA] Allow Duplicate?

scott james muzycmynd4000@yahoo.com
Sun Aug 7 11:17:01 2005

Hello. I read the  ccrma installation information but
I could not get the stable kernal running.  I thought
I followed all the directions correctly but the kernal
will still not load. I did get the other kernal
offered to load. Now I am having problems loading the
audio/visual packages. The messages I'm getting look
like this:only one version. To leave multiple versions
installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^vim-common$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "xpdf" in your
system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you
leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions
installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^xpdf$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "xcdroast" in your
system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you
leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions
installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^xcdroast$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "xemacs-el" in your
system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you
leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions
installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^xemacs-el$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

W: There are multiple versions of "xloadimage" in your
system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you
leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions
installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^xloadimage$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:
;

W: There are multiple versions of "zlib-devel" in your
system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you
leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions
installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^zlib-devel$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:
How do I add in this line? Can you show me what
exactly it should look like? This is the line----
RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false"

Can I just enter it in the command prompt or should I
go to the /etc/apt/?