[PlanetCCRMA] /usr/bin/jackstart

Ron Pepper feffer777@yahoo.com
Thu Aug 4 10:16:01 2005

--- Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Dirk,
>    jackstart  was used for 2.4 kernels. 'Capabilities' was the
> language describing how a user got realtime access. None of this is
> used now for 2.6 kernels. Start Jack using
>
> jackd -R -d alsa -d hw
>
> Assuming you have the realtime-lsm package installed you'll get
> realtime access under your 2.6 kernel. You may need to be part of a
> realtime accessible group.
>
> Cheers,
> Mark

I'm also having problems with Jack. I'm using FC-3 with an ALSA
module for my Creative SB Value soundcard on motherboard (chip is
emu10k1x). Also, is there a way to test whether my soundcard is full
duplex? I've been trying to record audio-streams, but have no
success.

Thanks,
Ron

[rp@localhost ~]$ jackd -R -d alsa -d hw
jackd 0.99.36
Copyright 2001-2003 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

cannot lock down memory for jackd (Cannot allocate memory)
creating alsa driver ... hw|hw|1024|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames, buffer = 2 periods
Couldn't open hw for 32bit samples trying 24bit instead
Couldn't open hw for 24bit samples trying 16bit instead
nperiods = 2 for capture
Couldn't open hw for 32bit samples trying 24bit instead
Couldn't open hw for 24bit samples trying 16bit instead
nperiods = 2 for playback
JACK: unable to mlock() port buffers: Cannot allocate memory
jack_create_thread: error -1 switching current thread to rt for
inheritance: Unknown error 4294967295
cannot start watchdog thread
cannot load driver module alsa
Segmentation fault