[PlanetCCRMA] Problems with jack server

sammy spity@mrlab.net
Mon Apr 25 13:52:01 2005

Apologize for another post...

I am currently running Fedora 3, using the distros and following the
instructions posted on ccrma...

downloaded my desired packages and went to try them out, but no audio.

Figured out I didn't have the jack server running...

However, when I went start the jack server, it won't work.

below is the script generated. Any one have any ideas where i made a
wrong turn?

jackstart: cannot get realtime capabilities, current capabilities are:
           =ep cap_setpcap-ep
    probably running under a kernel with capabilities disabled,
    a suitable kernel would have printed something like "=eip"

back from read, ret = 1 errno == Success
jackstart: could not give capabilities: Operation not permitted
jackd 0.99.36
Copyright 2001-2003 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

apparent rate = 44100
creating alsa driver ... hw|hw|1024|2|44100|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
configuring for 44100Hz, period = 1024 frames, buffer = 2 periods
Couldn't open hw for 32bit samples trying 24bit instead
Couldn't open hw for 24bit samples trying 16bit instead
nperiods = 2 for capture
Couldn't open hw for 32bit samples trying 24bit instead
Couldn't open hw for 24bit samples trying 16bit instead
nperiods = 2 for playback