[PlanetCCRMA] jack d at startup

Turkay Guner Turkay Guner <turkayguner@gmail.com>
Sun Apr 24 17:50:02 2005

------=_Part_2906_32792214.1114390160636

Hi Shayne,

I did what you told, but now, my user session is not starting any more. I=
=20
only can log as root. Login screen stucks after i enter the password. I'm=
=20
using Fedora Core 3 with Gnome. Tell me how can i fix this, what should i=
=20
do?

On 4/25/05, Shayne O'Connor <forums@machinehasnoagenda.com> wrote:
>=20
> Vedran Vucic wrote:
>=20
> >hello,
> >
> >What is procedure to get jack server started immediatelly at startup?
> >

> assuming that you're using qjackctl, go into the "Misc" tab and check
> the "Start JACK audio server on application startup" button.
>=20
> then, depending on what desktop environment you are using, set qjackctl
> to start at boot-up ... you usually get the option to "save your
> session" when logging out of most windows managers, so make sure you
> have qjackctl running when you save the session.
>=20
> if you're using XFCE4, you can put a symbolic link to qjackctl in your
> /home/user/Desktop/Autostart folder.
>=20
> this should do the job.
>=20
> shayne
>=20

------=_Part_2906_32792214.1114390160636

Hi Shayne,<br>
I did what you told, but now, my user session is not starting any more.
I only can log as root. Login screen stucks after i enter the password.
I'm using Fedora Core 3 with Gnome. Tell me how can i fix this, what
=3D"gmail_sendername">Shayne O'Connor</b> &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:forums@mach=
inehasnoagenda.com">forums@machinehasnoagenda.com</a>&gt; wrote:</span><blo=
ckquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204,=
 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
assuming that you're using qjackctl, go into the &quot;Misc&quot; tab and c=
heck
br><br>then, depending on what desktop environment you are using, set qjack=
ctl<br>to start at boot-up ... you usually get the option to &quot;save you=
ng XFCE4, you can put a symbolic link to qjackctl in your<br>/home/user/Des=
ktop/Autostart folder.
PlanetCCRMA@ccrma.stanford.edu">PlanetCCRMA@ccrma.stanford.edu</a><br><a hr=