[PlanetCCRMA] 64 bit Fedora Core 3?

Sun Apr 24 02:33:01 2005

AOn Sat, 2005-04-23 at 15:38, pirrone wrote:
> I've got a system scheduled to arrive soon on which I expect to try
> Fedora Core 3 64-bit.   What support is there on the Planet for this OS
> choice?  It's not clear looking at the site, or at least I couldn't find
> anything on this.

There is currently no support for 64 bit versions of fcx at Planet
CCRMA. I'd like to eventually add support but that implies rebuilding
all packages and dealing with the inevitable patches to make things
build and work. Days are still 24 hours long and that is a hard limit
:-)

> Also, I assume when Fedora Core 4 is out that it would not at least
> initially be possible to use this OS with the CCRMA software.  Is that
> correct?

Yes, that is correct. I need to be able to rebuild all packages on top
of fc4 and that takes time.

>  If so, when might this version of Fedora be supported?

Well, as usual it will be ready when it is ready... If I don't have any
"crisis" to solve and have enough free time it usually takes one or two
weeks for rebuilding a substantial set of packages (judging from
previous releases). In this particular case it will probably depend on
how many packages are broken by the new gcc 4.0 compiler....

-- Fernando