[PlanetCCRMA] FC3 versus FC2 - experiences (double edge?)

Ken McMillan kenmcmil@yahoo.com
Tue Apr 19 21:08:02 2005

--- Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@ccrma.Stanford.EDU>
wrote:

> Nice timing, I just moved a new edge kernel to the
> edge repository. If
> this sounds confusing then it is perhaps because it
> is (confusing). The
> "Edge" kernels are the sort of bleeding edge kernels
> that can be
> installed alongside the more "normal" kernels. But
> this edge is (for
> now) in the planetedge _repository_, not the normal
> planetcore
> repository.
>
> Anyway, it is 2.6.11-0.7.rdt.rhfc3.ccrma and is
> based on:
>   2.6.11 +
>   2.6.12-rc2 +
>   realtime preempt 0.7.45-01
> This is all garnished with a very nice:
>   alsa version 1.0.9-0.3.rc2
> sprinkled with tasty kernel modules for:
>   2.6.10-2.1.ll, 2.6.11-0.3.rdt and 2.6.11-0.7.rdt
>
> All this only available on fc3 for now.
>
> If you want to again mess up your machine you can if
> you point apt to
> the planetedge repository. Use the same url as
> planetcore, only replace
> planetcore with planetedge... Install
> planetccrma-core-edge or the more
> bland but still filling planetccrma-core (or their
> smp versions).

I tried this advice but got the following:

  planetccrma-core-edge: Depends: rtirq (>= 20050408)
but 20041118-1.rhfc3.ccrma is to be installed
E: Broken packages

Perhaps the appropriate version of rtirq is missing in
the repository?