[PlanetCCRMA] Configuring 2.6.11-0.3.rdt.rhfc2.ccrma for 0 xruns...

Thu Apr 14 15:13:02 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 01:15, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:

> >> As I say, I think it was Ingo who
> >> told me to try it back when I was having trouble with ACPI and USB
> >> mice in October, 04.
> >>
> >> Anyway, perfect results at 128/2.
> >
> > Good, maybe this should be something that rtirq should do by default.
> > Rui: are you reading this thread? Maybe rtirq should set the snd
> > interrupts to not threaded if it finds the proc controls for that.
>
> Damn. I'm running PREEMPT_RT (full realtime) for so long that I forgot
> that one could unthread the IRQ handlers with some other realtime-preempt
> kernel configurations. With PREEMPT_RT all IRQs are threaded, period.
>
> And, believe me, PREEMPT_RT its the top performer configuration I ever saw
> for audio work. That's why I never thought of going to other lesser
> realtime-preempt configurations, once I got that stable on my laptop (UP)
> and desktop machine (SMP/HT).
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, the planet-edge kernels are configured as
> PREEMPT_DESKTOP ?

Yes, that is correct. I'm reluctant to go into PREEMPT_RT, I could not
make it work at all in my smp test machine, PREEMPT_DESKTOP is better
but not completely stable. Maybe the situation has changed...

-- Fernando