[PlanetCCRMA] FC3 versus FC2 - experiences (double edge?)

Tue Apr 12 13:09:22 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 12:00, Mark Knecht wrote:
> On Apr 12, 2005 6:55 AM, Shayne O'Connor <forums@machinehasnoagenda.com> wrote:
>
> > in any case, had band practice tonight and took my CCRMA box along
> > (configured as mentioned in my previous post) to provide drums and
> > multi-track recording - performed admirably for 3 hours straight ...
> > that's what i like :)
>
> Gah-roove-ee!
>
> I'll be trying out Fernando's newest Edge kernel today. My attempt to
> run the Gentoo ck-sources kerenl did not have such good results as
> they did on my Gentoo box. It was a very strange boot where it starts
> booting but then says permissions are all wrong and it cannot
> continue. Type Control-D to do maintanence, etc. Ugly. The very same
> source code tree on the laptop running Gentoo was wonderful.

What is complaining about permissions? This is FC3, right? It may be
selinux acting up (the selinux in the new kernel is different or
something like that), you could boot into a kernel that works and
disable selinux (in "System Settings", "Security Level", SElinux tab)

-- Fernando