[PlanetCCRMA] planetccrma-menus packages for FC3?

Mon Apr 11 23:27:01 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 23:46, Vegard Sandvold wrote:
> I realize this is a small and not so important matter. Thanks anyway!

Sorry for the long delay, a preliminary menu system for fc3 is online,
just install "planetccrma-menus-audioapps-devel" and you should get the
necessary stuff. I was meaning to get this done properly but for now it
follows the pattern of the fc2 menus...

> Customizing the Gnome menu systems seems to be a real pain in the a**.

It certainly is.

> Do
> you have any good references on that? I'm planning to make a separate menu
> for our lab machines, with a limited selection of useful programs. Spent a
> day googling withput finding anything useful:-(

Here are some links I found while doing the menus a while back... I
don't know if they are still valid (or useful).

# Fedora docs:
# http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/developers-guide/ch-menus.html
# Menus:
# PDF http://wings.buffalo.edu/computing/ublinux/redhat-menu-config.pdf
# DOC
http://www.eng.buffalo.edu/~dudek/GnomePanel/redhat-menu-config.doc
# http://www.bluethingy.com/linux/rh8menu.html
# http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/developers-guide/ch-menus.html
# http://wings.buffalo.edu/computing/ublinux/HOWTO-menu-icon.html
# spanish:
# http://www.iagorubio.com/articulos/menugnome/menus_gnome2.php

Check what gets installed with planetccrma-menus, etc. If you need a new
menu you will need a hook in redhat-menus as well.I never figured out
how to add a new category altogether...

-- Fernando