[PlanetCCRMA] wierd hanging of jack, or some other process using fc3 edge kernel

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Fri Apr 8 09:01:02 2005

On Apr 8, 2005 8:50 AM, Shayne O'Connor <forums@machinehasnoagenda.com> wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:

> >Install the kernel, kernel-modules-alsa, reboot choosing the kernel
> >and see if it works better. If it does change grub.conf to ensure it
> >boots the next time.
> >

> cool - did this, getting the 2.6.10-0.6.rdt.rhfc3.ccrma kernel, which
> brought in the 1.08 alsa module. thanx!
>
> a question, though - does it matter that the alsa-driver/alsa-lib etc
> packages are still the 1.09 ones? cos if i select to downgrade to the
> 1.08 versions of those packages, that's when synaptic wants to start
> wholesale uninstalling ...

We'll need Fernando to answer that. My understanding is that if the
dependency files are written correctly (and why wouldn't they be) then
Synaptic will do the right thing. My guess is that you're just fine
right now.

> heh - i've learnt that the hard way .... many times :)

Me too. A couple of times. (I learn slowly.) Can you say 'reformat'? ;-)

Question is are you working better now? Hope so.

Know anyone who wants to buy a very clean 002 Rack? Selling my.

cheers,
Mark