[PlanetCCRMA] wierd hanging of jack, or some other process using fc3 edge kernel

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Wed Apr 6 09:22:01 2005

On Apr 6, 2005 8:23 AM, Shayne O'Connor
> ok, i managed to catch the output of an Oops! just now using dmesg after
> jackd hung again ... this is using the latest edge kernel for FC3. i
> think i'll have to leave planetedge and take it easy on planetnormal for
> a bit :)
>
> what are other people's experiences vis-a-vis stable kernel on FC3?

I couldn't get FC3 to even install on my Wife's hyperthreading machine
using the standard or SMP kernels. FC2 runs really well. Since all
three of use run Linux on our day-to-day machines I ended up stucking
with FC2 to make everything consistent. They are all Planet updated
with normal (non-edge) stuff. Things are working well.

My audio laptop is Gentoo, and long term I may move everything to
Gentoo to have more access to non-audio applications, but for now
everything is fine using stable-Planet.

Cheers,
Mark