[PlanetCCRMA] Re: latest kernel rocks

William M. Quarles walrus@bellsouth.net
Sun Apr 3 21:01:01 2005

William M. Quarles wrote:

>> You can add something like
>>
>> apt ccrma http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt fedora/3/i386
>> planetcore planetccrma
>>
>> to /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources and up2date will use ccrma! :)
>

> No it won't.  Spurious errors about file conflicts that don't exist.  It
> has already been reported as a bug.

Note:

Although apt support does not work for most repositories when using
up2date, apparently up2date decided to be friendly with the Planet CCRMA
yum repository for Fedora Core 2.  It would not work with Fedora Core 1.
  I haven't tested with Fedora Core 3,
but hopefully it keeps working for that release, too.

I'm in Windows XP now, so I don't have the exact directories available,
but guessing it would be set as:

yum planetcore http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/yum
fedora/3/planetcore
yum planetccrma http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/yum
fedora/3/planetccrma

Replace 3 with 2 or 1 if you need to.  Up2Date does not support Yum or
APT repositories in Red Hat Linux 9.

Peace,
William