[PlanetCCRMA] Re: latest kernel rocks

Axel Thimm planetccrma@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sun Apr 3 13:02:02 2005

--n2Pv11Ogg/Ox8ay5

On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 02:57:48PM -0400, William M. Quarles wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:

MA

> >>No it won't.  Spurious errors about file conflicts that don't
> >>exist.  It has already been reported as a bug.
> >

> >Where? I searched these archives and looked at bugzilla.atrpms.net
> >(which isn't really used by ccrma users, it should be used more)
> >
> >Anyway the mechanism is there, if it's buggy, it's another
> >question. :)
>=20

> It doesn't seem to be a problem with all repositories, but there are
> simply some yum and apt repositories that work perfectly well with
> up2date and others that don't.  Nobody has come up with an
> explanation as to why yet.

up2date (and yum) are known to be buggy in lots of aspects.

> If you can figure out why Fernando's (and others') repositories
> don't work and yours do, I think the Fedora Project community would
> be in a lot of debt to you.

> Maybe they will finally listen to you about Fedora Extras. ;-)

Listen to what? My concerns and suggestions are on Fedora Core, I've
given up on fedora.us two years ago ...

On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 03:04:24PM -0400, William M. Quarles wrote:
> Actually Axel, I just checked one of these bugs to see if there had been=
=20
> any updates yet, and it seems that you participated in one of these=20
> discussions, too.  So I guess that you are familiar with the problem.

Not really, and I didn't find myself in any of the four bugs you quoted.

> Anyway, they obviously aren't paying much attention to these bugs,=20
> otherwise the developer in charge would have linked them together by now=
=20
> and said that one depends on the other or that they are duplicates.=20
> He's just letting them hang.

The long term strategy is to let up2date die and replace it with
something else (like a graphical yum, or smart if it matures fast
enough).
--=20
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

--n2Pv11Ogg/Ox8ay5