[PlanetCCRMA] Still trying to get HOW-TO for awesfx done

nigel henry cave.dnb@tiscali.fr
Sat Apr 2 09:52:02 2005

Hi all. I'm still trying to find a reasonably easy auto load at boot for
awesfx usinf a .sf2 font stored in /home. I found a HOW-TO for awe at
http://homepage.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/Marcus.Brinkmann/soundblaster.html  from
Marcus Brinkmann, stud. rer. nat. "Sound Blaster AWE HOWTO" It's a bit old,
like 2.0 kernel. A museum candidate. He stopped working on it because of lack
of support for Linux from Creative.
  "You can load a default Sound Font Bank automatically with installing
  the module. Just append a line like

       post-install sound /usr/bin/sfxload synthgm.sbk

  to your /etc/conf.modules file."

That little bit was from his HOW-TO
Now I know this is from kernel 2.0 and OSS. BUT!

Is there half a chance of getting this to work in /etc/modules.conf for
theRadio 2.4 kernel or /etc/modprobe.conf for the 2.6 kernel.
I'd like to get my little HOW-TO finished. Perhaps Fernando would consider
making a new page on the planetccrma site for HOW-TO's .   Like HOW_TO's for
various sound cards, etc.
Tbis is another Saturday evening/Saturday afternoon diversion, depending on
what time zone you're in.
France 19.52 PM. US of A anybodies guess, depending where you are.
If you like dance music. Go-To  http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/Radio 1's Dance
Anthems with Dave Pearce.
You'll probably need Real Player. Doh. Nigel.