[PlanetCCRMA] fc3 & yum...

David Hill cardinalrg2@verizon.net
Fri Apr 1 08:53:01 2005

Thumbs up Nando, looks good to me.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: planetccrma-admin@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
[mailto:planetccrma-admin@ccrma.Stanford.EDU] On Behalf Of Fernando
Lopez-Lezcano
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2005 10:51 AM
To: planetccrma@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Subject: [PlanetCCRMA] fc3 & yum...

For those of you out there desperate to test yum repos under fc3 (because of
fear of apt, convenience, personal preference for yummy things, etc).

Try adding this to /etc/yum.repos.d/, for example in a file named
"planetccrma.repo":

==== CUT HERE ====
[updates]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Updates
baseurl=http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/repodata/fedora/$releasever/co
re/updates/

[planetccrma]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Planet CCRMA Apps
baseurl=http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/repodata/fedora/$releasever/pl
anetccrma/

[planetcore]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Planet CCRMA Core
baseurl=http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/repodata/fedora/$releasever/pl
anetcore/
==== CUT HERE ====

Let me know how it goes...

[to other repo maintainers: it looks like createrepo is a _real_ memory hog,
at least in my experience, more time and resource consuming than the old yum
metadata generation - or maybe I'm making some mistake?]