[PlanetCCRMA] FC2.1vP9 - jackstart just quits...

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Thu Sep 30 15:02:02 2004

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:04:35 -0700, Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have another non-experimental kernel that does not have that good
> > latency performance and does not include the latest irq threading stff.
> > It has a matching alsa 1.0.5a driver which may or may not be new enough
> > to recognize your card:
> >
> > apt-get install kernel#2.6.7-1.437.1.ll.rhfc2.ccrma
> > apt-get install kernel-module-alsa-2.6.7-1.437.1.ll.rhfc2.ccrma

Hi,
This kernel finds my sound card but exhibits the interrupt holdup
problems. Once again, alsaplayer runs fine if I move the mouse.

Probably you are right and this is all caused by the performance
patches. To me this is all very strange. If I download a straight
kernel.org 2.5.8.1 kernel everything works fine, at least when
compiled under Gentoo. Possibly I should do the same thing here to
ensure it's not some weird library issue, etc. As background, I did
try a Con Kolivas kernel based on 2.6.8.1 but ith the patches he
supplies and I did not have this sort of problem. (I had others like
Jack disconnecting very easily though...)