[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora 1 or 2

Sun Sep 26 21:23:01 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-26 at 20:08, Ken wrote:
> I'd like to install Fedora and Planet, should I go ahead with core 1,
> or wait for core 2?  Can you upgrade easily from 1 to 2?  Thanks,

At this point I still recommend fc1, the 2.6.x kernel in fc2 is not yet
up to the reliability under low latency conditions as the 2.4.x kernel
in fc1's version of Planet CCRMA. It is coming very close but it is
difficult to say when I will release a "non-experimental" version...

I don't know about the migration from fc1 to fc2, I have not tried
myself. I usually prefer to install from scratch rather than upgrade.

-- Fernando