[PlanetCCRMA] Re: nvidia driver

Axel Thimm planetccrma@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sat Sep 4 00:18:01 2004

--NDin8bjvE/0mNLFQ

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 01:04:55PM -0400, jim ruxton wrote:
> [...]
hics6106-2.4.26-1.ll.rhfc1.ccrma-1.0_6106-60.rhfc1.at.i586.rpm.html

> Thanks for sending me your XF86Config file Andrew. The only thing that I
> could see was you are loading "GLcore" and "dri" which according to the
> latest documentation from NVIDIA should be removed . I put it in anyway
> and got an additional error : (   as seen below for "libdri"
>=20
> Symbol __glXActiveScreens from module
> /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a is unresolved!
> Symbol __glXActiveScreens from module
> /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a is unresolved!
> Symbol xf86XvMCDestroyAdaptorRec from module
> /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/nvidia_drv.o is unresolved!
> Symbol xf86XvMCCreateAdaptorRec from module
> /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/nvidia_drv.o is unresolved!
>=20
> If anyone else has any thoughts for me please let me know. Thanks.
> Jim

If you are using the rpms, you need more than the kernel-module, you
also need nvidia-graphics6111 and nvidia-graphics6111-libs, as well as
nvidia-graphics-switch. Easiest way to go rpm is to use apt with

apt-get install kernel-module-nvidia-graphics6111-`uname -r`
apt-get install nvidia-graphics6111

An nvidia ready config file will be placed under xorg.conf.nvidia or
XF86Config.nvidia respecitively. After inspecting the changes you can
remove the ".nvidia" suffix.
--=20
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

--NDin8bjvE/0mNLFQ