[PlanetCCRMA] [Low latency patches] Voluntary Preempt vs. Staircase+mappedwatermark

Arthur Sosa arthur.sosa@email.it
Thu Sep 2 14:41:02 2004

I thought it would not be possible to run jack on my system like this:

# jackd -Rv -d alsa -p 128 -n 3 -r 44100

But I just tried Con Kolivas' patches (ck5 with kernel 2.8.6.1)
( adding the _important_ latest little patch
   http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/2.6/2.6.8.1/2.6.8.1-ckdev/lenient_uw.diff )

and I see _no more xruns_ even under heavy loads!!!  It's incredible!

Fernando, I tried the new kernels with voluntary preemption, but they
perform _very_ bad . I must learn the way how to find out the reasons.

Now it's late, tomorrow I'll do my best to submit some real test

 Sponsor:
 18 Bottiglie di eccellenti vini Giordano + 7 specialità alimentari +
* 1 carrello dispensa "Servant" in legno massiccio Tutto a metà prezzo!
*
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2621&d=2-9