[PlanetCCRMA] Re: [linux-audio-user] A real problem (DVD)

Matt Barber brbrofsvl@aol.com
Tue Nov 30 23:35:02 2004

->Looking at your errors some questions come to mind: (1) Is your cd/dvd
player really /dev/hda? Usually that's the first harddrive. (2) Do you
have the udf module loaded or do you have udf support compiled into the
kernel? On my FC2 box /dev/cdrom and /dev/dvd both link to /dev/hdc
which is correct. Just some thoughts that might help.<-

We're using sata harddrives which appear as /dev/sd* - not using the IDE
channels.  The drives have worked better on primary master than they have
on secondary master.  Hence /dev/hda.

->i'm not sure if it would make any difference with an error like "no
medium found" - and you probly already have them - but are all the dvd
libraries installed (libdvdread, libdvdcss, dvd+rwtools, dvdrecord etc)?<-

Yeah.  It was a drive error, but my suspicion is that a healthy device would be
able to detect medium even if the dvd libs weren't there... not sure about that.

Matt