[PlanetCCRMA] apt us lan

Sun Nov 28 21:48:02 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 14:11, Emilio Procaccini wrote:
> Dear friends,
> i'm a new FC1 (on an old pentium II 333) and FC2 user (on a notebook compaq
> evo n600c pentiun III 1066). I'm sorry for my too bad english  but i hope to
> explain myself. On the first situation i have installed the CCRMA cdrom and
> i do my best.Also in the second situation i succeed to make some things as,
> for example, to work whit "Audio-sport Quattro". But i have problems,when i
> call apt-get, to arrive at your repositories. At public school where i teach
> piano, the internet access become trough  a lan and in the 90% of cases i
> receive messages of not found package or, for apt-get update, repositories.
> Only when i change IP i succeed,rather rarely and only on  first time, to
> make apt-get. What can i do?

I'm not sure if I understand. If you have problems connecting to the
CCRMA site all the time I would investigate if you have to connect
through a proxy. If you only have intermittent problems then most
probably there is a connectivity problem in your school, or in the
internet service the school uses. I'm afraid I can't help with that....

Apt uses the http protocol, the same as a normal web server.
-- Fernando