[PlanetCCRMA] Re: Hydrogen on FC2 and apt problems also

Fri Nov 26 17:21:01 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 17:14, flump00@breathe.com wrote:
> Cheers for that quick reply. I've changed the Hydrogen audio driver to jack,
> and it says in the preferences panel 'Not compiled'.
>
> Whenever I restart the hydrogen driver for jack, it says 'No JACK driver
> support'. The same happens when I close the preferences dialog, and when I
> start Hydrogen. I get no sound out of Hydrogen at all. Hydrogen also does
> not appear in QJackctl's list of output ports: no jack!

Then you are not running the Planet CCRMA binary... Do a:
  which hydrogen
You should see "/usr/bin/hydrogen", anything else is not from the Planet
CCRMA distro. If that is all you have, and you are indeed running
/usr/bin/hydrogen check if the package is from Planet CCRMA (rpm -q -i
hydrogen).

My guess is that you installed it manually before and another binary is
living in /usr/local/bin/ (that does not have jack support), and that is
what you are running.

-- Fernando