[PlanetCCRMA] Hydrogen on FC2 and apt problems also

Fri Nov 26 15:42:00 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 15:28, flump00@breathe.com wrote:
> I've just installed the ccrma on FC2, and I've noticed that there isn't jack
> support compiled in to Hydrogen. Why not?

Good question. No reason. Mainly because hydrogen in fc2 has jack
support built in :-) You need to go to the hydrogen preferences and
change the driver from the default of oss to jack.....

> "Nevermind", thought I, "I'll build it myself from the sourcecode, enabling
> jack support. I'll get the devel files from online, as it'll need some
> development libraries that I don't have". But alas! Attempting to do an:
> apt-get install planetccrma-audiovideoapps-devel
>
> whinges thus:

>  planetccrma-audiovideoapps-devel: Depends: a52dec-devel but it is not going
> to be installed
>                                    Depends: imlib2-devel but it is not going
> to be installed
>                                    Depends: libmad-devel but it is not going
> to be installed
>                                    Depends: xosd-devel but it is not going
> to be installed
> E: Broken packages

Try installing the failing packages separately. That will probably point
out conflicts that prevent those packages from being installed.

-- Fernando