[PlanetCCRMA] New Apt problems

Fri Nov 26 14:19:00 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 13:36, William M. Quarles wrote:
> Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 13:03, William M. Quarles wrote:
> >
> >>OK, I think I've learned some valuable lessons through all of this.  Now
> >>Trying to reinstall Planet CCRMA, I've run into some problems.
> >>
> >>[root@resistance root]# apt-get install planetccrma-audiovideoapps
> <snip>
> >>The following packages have unmet dependencies:
> >>   planetccrma-audiovideoapps: Depends: alsaplayer but it is not going
> >>to be installed
> >>                               Depends: audacity but it is not going to
> >>be installed
> >>                               Depends: mpg321 but it is not going to be
> >>installed
> >>                               Depends: rosegarden4 but it is not going
> >>to be installed
> >>                               Depends: sweep but it is not going to be
> >>installed
> >>                               Depends: terminatorX but it is not going
> >>to be installed
> >>E: Broken packages
> >>
> >>I've tried running apt-get with clean, dist-upgrade, and -f install, and
> >>none of them seem to fix this problem.  I hope that you can help.
> >
> > Try installing the packages that are giving you problems explicitly (one
> > by one), that should print more precise information about why each can't
> > be installed (most probably conflicts with stuff you already have in
> > your computer).

Could you please post the output of one of the install commands?

> Nope, they all depend on libmad.so.0.

And? What is the exact error message?

> Shouldn't apt-get try to download
> Libmad automatically when that happens?

Yes, it should do that. But most probably libmad cannot be installed
because it conflicts with something you have installed. Again, the exact
output would be helpful.

Do you currently have libmad.so.* installed?
  ls /usr/lib/libmad.*
If so, which package owns it?
  rpm -q -f /usr/lib/libmad.*

-- Fernando