[Fwd: Re: [PlanetCCRMA] Apt problems]

William M. Quarles walrus@bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 24 15:19:15 2004

-------- Original Message --------
From: William M. Quarles <quarlewm@jmu.edu>
Subject: Re: [PlanetCCRMA] Apt problems
To: Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@ccrma.Stanford.EDU>
CC: planetccrma@ccrma.Stanford.EDU

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

>>Note that for my Fedora Core 1 updates I was using
>>a Fedora mirror rather than the actual RedHat server: faster downloads
>>and no corrupted packages.  I could probably reorder them all for
>>preference in downloads, but I haven't bothered to.  (Besides, the
>>Fedora Core updates are no longer maintained, so who cares?)
>
> Supposedly Fedora Legacy is releasing updates for Fedora Core 1. I see
> you have that in your configuration...

True, I put that in there VERY early this morning.  They've only
released four packages that were actually relevant to my system so far.
  What I meant was I could probably not bother with the official Fedora
Core core and update channels anymore, since I don't see what good they
would do me.

Peace,
William