[PlanetCCRMA] Apt problems

Wed Nov 24 15:02:01 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 14:52, William M. Quarles wrote:
> > Do you have examples? I don't use up2date so I don't know what happens
> > when you use it (BTW, how do you configure it to use apt repositories?)
> >

> Below is my Up2Date configuration file (/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources,
> minus some earlier comments in the file).  It has both Apt and Yum
> examples.  I've put blackslashes in where Mozilla Mail wrapped the
> lines.  Hopefully your e-mail client doesn't try to wrap it more, or
> we'll be in a bigger mess.  BTW, I've tried ftp rather than http on
> other computers and it seems to also work when the server is set up for
> both services.
>
> I use three different Apt reopsitories, and there other two never caused
> file conflicts.  The Planet one always comes up with conflicts when two
> different packages install the same directory (which is meaningless, but
> I can't bypass it).

Well, which packages? Which directory? Oh, the suspense... This is
probably a packaging problem or an incompatibility between packages in
some of the repositories you are pointing to. If you are getting
conflicts then that is what is happening, not incompatible headers in my
repository.

> Note that for my Fedora Core 1 updates I was using
> a Fedora mirror rather than the actual RedHat server: faster downloads
> and no corrupted packages.  I could probably reorder them all for
> preference in downloads, but I haven't bothered to.  (Besides, the
> Fedora Core updates are no longer maintained, so who cares?)

Supposedly Fedora Legacy is releasing updates for Fedora Core 1. I see
you have that in your configuration...

-- Fernando