[PlanetCCRMA] Re: El-cheapo: How to test 3 cards

Steve Harris S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Nov 24 06:32:02 2004

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 09:48:30PM +0800, Timo Sivula wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 21:36, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>
> > Certainly a question to post on the jackit-devel and alsa-user lists.
> > Maybe someone out there may have some experience on this. I'm far from an
> > asoundrc expert -- in fact, I try to stay away from it, at a far and
> > secure distance ;)
>
> I will, and in fact already have, take the .asoundrc question to the lau
> list.
>
> Then, maybe this is a more intimate ;) question: I found out I can start
> three separate instances of Jackstart, one for each soundcard. However,
> nly one of these instances appears in qjackctl for me to use as
> alsa_pcm. Any way to make it possible to see the two other cards also?

Not in a single instance of qjackctl AFAIK, you may be able to do
connections with jack_connect if it has env. vars. or flags that let you
tell it what FIFOs to use to talk to the jack server.

- Steve