[PlanetCCRMA] El-cheapo: How to test 3 cards simultaneously?

Timo Sivula timo.sivula@luukku.com
Sun Nov 21 23:46:01 2004

My el-cheapo project is proceding:

Over the weekend I managed to sync three ES1370 cards behind one single crystal. I removed the crystals from two cards and chained their crystal inputs and outputs after the crystal of the first card. All cards work perfectly.

I would now like to test that the cards can be run simultaneously as I am not quite sure that the alsa ens1370 driver can run three cards at once. I can run the cards one at a time perfectly, but I have not been able to run all of them at once.

I tried to start two instances of aplay and play two different wav files through two different cards to listen to the outputs from the two cards. Unfortunately the second instance of Aplay will not start until the first one has finished playing, hence I cannot confirm that the cards run simultaneously.

Any advice how to test this?

Timo

 MTV3 Laajakaista - Hauskemman elämän puolesta.
 http://www.mtv3.fi/liittyma/hankinta/laajakaista/