[PlanetCCRMA] Re: 2.6.7 ccrma kernel and usb / nvidia support

Shayne O'Connor forums@machinehasnoagenda.com
Sat Nov 20 15:40:02 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-20 at 12:11, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> No, I think what you did fixed it. You changed nomad.usermap's
> permissions so that the program could write to it. Obviously the first
> time you run the program something got added (you would have gotten the
> same behavior if you had run it as root the first time - not that I
> would recommend you do that, of course). Once the file got "updated"
> then permissions don't matter, it will just work...

cool - hopefully i won't have to employ the same 'fix' again (my next
task is to make a bootable backup of my system as it now stands), but at
least it looks as though we've found the solution if need be :)

hmmm - won't bother with "diffing" it just yet (not really sure how to)

thanx for the help!!!

(i'm probly gonna need more, now that i've actually started doing a bit
of recording ... )

shayne