[PlanetCCRMA] 2.4.20-31.1.caps.rh90.ccrmasmp kernel not installing

Noah Garrett Wallach logic@enabled.com
Thu Nov 11 22:25:01 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:21:13 -0500, Matt Barber wrote

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/changelog.html#latestplanetcoretwo

> And these:
>
> http://ccrma-mail.stanford.edu/pipermail/planetccrma/2004-August/005789.html
>
> You want to read this, too, and if you have time, go through some of
> the posts from august through september, when it seemed like the
> most kernel work was being done:
>
> http://ccrma-mail.stanford.edu/pipermail/planetccrma/2004-August/005879.html
>
> In general, I think you should try a number of kernels in planetedge...
> I haven't been there in a while, so I don't know what the most
> current thing is.  We're using 2.6.7 still, because all the most
> recent ones crash our box when we try to burn cds.  I also had
> trouble with the SATA controller (silicon image) under one of the
> 2.6.8.1 kernels, in which case I had to trick the ramdisk (ask me if
> you have that problem).

Matt,

okay very nice.  looks like I am up and running with the FC2 CCRMA kernel 2.6.7.

I am still a little unclear here.  I am at the 'apt-get dist-update' stage.  I
am wondering how I can update my distribution with the CCRMA binaries - do I
need to apt-get index my FC2 install CDs?  how do I proceed here?

I also added the FC1 to the apt-cdrom program - I cant figure out how to
remove this information.  I am thinking adding them was not the best idea.
What should I do about this?

cheers,

Noah