[PlanetCCRMA] 2.4.20-31.1.caps.rh90.ccrmasmp kernel not installing

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Thu Nov 11 07:07:01 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 06:17:01 -0800, Noah Garrett Wallach
<logic@enabled.com> wrote:
> On 10 Nov 2004 20:12:16 -0800, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote
> > On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 16:37, Noah Garrett Wallach wrote:
> > > okay I am building another ccrma machine and arriving at a strange issue.
> >
> > Enterprise Linux again? Sigh. Unsupported!!
>

> Fernando,
>
> I understand ya here but Redhat 9.0 was end of life on April 30, 2004 - thats
> over 6 months ago - which is eons in the computer world.  Redhat no longer
> supports it or updates to it.
>
> So I am stuck here with new hardware that redhat 9.0 doesnt boot on since it
> cant probe it and does nto have the drivers for most of it.  and I dont think
> FC1 would boot on it either, although I have not tried.
>
> what is your best recommendation to move forward here?  the only loader that
> has been able to work and appears to have regular updates is Red Hat
> Enterprise Linux WS.
>
> - Noah

Noah,
   There are only 3 choices that are truely supported - RH9, FC1 &
FC2. Using anything else is likely to cause you problems, as you seem
to have seen.

   Why can't you jump to FC2, at least as an option? Put it on
different partitions if you think you need to keep your current setup.

- Mark