[PlanetCCRMA] audio apps not loading

Noah Garrett Wallach logic@enabled.com
Tue Nov 9 16:21:01 2004

On 08 Nov 2004 22:14:24 -0800, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote
> On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 21:38, Noah Garrett Wallach wrote:
> > > The commonality here appears to be kde (or qt). I would guess that
> > > you have upgraded kde to a newer version that is not compatible (at the
> > > library version level) with the version on which the packages were
> > > compiled. This is a guess, to find out more details try to install
> > > one of the packages alone, you will probably get a more detailed
> > > picture of why it can't install those packages.
> > >
> > > For example: apt-get install qamix
> >
> > its quite possible.  I have KDE uptodate.
> >
> > here is the output of the apt-get:
> >
> > --- snip ---
> >
> > [root@dhcp-183-1-168-192 noah]# apt-get install qamix
> > Reading Package Lists... Done
> > Building Dependency Tree... Done
> > Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
> > requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
> > distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
> > or been moved out of Incoming.
> >
> > Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
> > the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
> > that package should be filed.
> > The following information may help to resolve the situation:

> >   qamix: Depends: libqassistantclient.so.1
> > E: Broken packages
>
> Thta is part of qt and qt-devel. Which version do you have? (rpm -q
> qt). I forget which version of redhat/fedora you are running...
> please remind me.

running redhat workstation WS - its essentially redhat 9 with a bunch of
openOffice stuff.

[noah@dhcp-183-1-168-192 noah]$ rpm -q qt
qt-3.1.2-13.4
[noah@dhcp-183-1-168-192 noah]$ uname -a
Linux dhcp-183-1-168-192.home.enabled.com 2.4.20-31.1.caps.rh90.ccrmasmp #1
SMP Wed Apr 21 14:48:09 PDT 2004 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
[noah@dhcp-183-1-168-192 noah]$ c

cheers,

Noah