[PlanetCCRMA] 2.6.7-1.437.1.11.rhfc2.ccrma crashes

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Fri Nov 5 13:14:00 2004

Fernando,
   I think it makes sense to try yours out since it would be better
for Jacob and the community to hear that this works instead of my
customized thing. However, as you correctly remember,  to get good
performance on my laptop I had to eliminate almost all of the ACPI
features in the kernel. (Don't ask me why.)  Since they are probably
mostly on in yours can I do something like ACPI=off from the grub
config file? That's probably more radical than what I actually ended
up running myself, but it may be necessary with my machine.

   I'll be happy to try it out either late this evening or sometime
early tomorrow.

   Any specific instructions on enabling low latency? Or is it just on
by default?

Thanks,
Mark