[PlanetCCRMA] Installing two RH 9.0 Root Partitions?

Joe Hartley jh@brainiac.com
Tue May 25 04:12:01 2004

On Mon, 24 May 2004 21:50:26 -0700
Barton Bosch <bartonbosch@softhome.net> wrote:
> I decided to go with three bootable linux partitions using the
> same /home, /data and /swap partitions.  I hope I'm not speaking
> too soon, but it looks like it will just be a matter of editing
> /boot/grub/grub.conf to be able to boot into the second or third
> root partitions.

It'll be extremely helpful to get to know grub.conf!  I think RH9 is
pretty good about recognizing existing installations and working in
harmony with them, but because it'll list your installations by kernel
name, 2 installations of the same OS might be a conflict if you don't
rename the first one in grub.conf beforehand.

The other thing to be comfortable with is the partition editor that's
called during installation.  You'll definitely want to be specifying
the partitions on your own.