[PlanetCCRMA] tascam us 122 not loadable

Karsten Wiese annabellesgarden@yahoo.de
Sun May 16 06:51:01 2004

Am Sonntag 16 Mai 2004 01:55 schrieb Álvaro:
> Hello
>
> I just purchased a tascam us 122, as it was listed in
> the alsa cards matrix.
>
> I followed the usb and multiple soundcards thoroughly:
> I have edited my modules.conf, etc.   I went back to
> alsa project page, and found out aabout a .asoundrc
> file to create, but I do not see how it could be
> loaded, (mine is in /root).  It feels like the problem
> can be solved with that, but I don't know.
>
> THis is what jack complains about
>
> oading driver ..
> apparent rate = 44100
> creating alsa driver ...
> hw:1|hw:1|2048|2|44100|2|2|nomon|swmeter|soft-mode|16bit
> jackd: pcm.c:690: snd_pcm_nonblock: Assertion `pcm'
> failed.
> 18:45:48.595 JACK was stopped successfully.
> 18:45:58.340 Could not connect to JACK server as
> client.
>
> alsa mixer just tells me:
> [root@localhost root]# alsamixer -c 1
>
> alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for hw:1: No
> such device

snd_usb_usx2y doesn't yet support the mixer.

> [root@localhost root]#
>
> but alsa start says both cards are loaded
>
> thanks for the help
>
> my modules.conf
> # --- ALSACONF verion 1.0.4 ---
> alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
> alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
> alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
> alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
> alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
> alias snd-card-0 snd-emu10k1
> alias sound-slot-0 snd-emu10k1
> # -- ALSA configuration
> alias char-major-116 snd
> alias char-major-14 soundcore
> alias snd-card-1 snd-usb-audio
> #-- OSS compatibility alias
> alias sound-slot-1 snd-usb-audio
> alias sound-service-1-0 snd-mixer-oss

you can ommit above line, cause of lacking mixer support.

> alias sound-service-1-3 snd-pcm-oss
> alias sound-service-1-12 snd-pcm-oss
> options snd major=116 cards_limit=2 device_mode=0666
> device_gid=0 device_uid=0
> options snd-emu10k1 index=0
> options snd-usb-audio index=1
> #-- Keep modules from being autocleaned
> add options -k snd-card-0
> add options -k snd-card-1

Please check out some basic things while the us122 is connected & powered:
What is the output of "lsusb -v" running as root?
Does the USB Light start shining?
What does "ls -al /proc/asound" show?
And "cat /proc/asound/devices" ?
You upgraded to the latest and gratest Planet CCRMA?
FC1?
Better results, if you use other USB-Connector?
Last 80 lines of "cat /var/log/messages" running as root?
You can also checkout http://langerland.de.

best regards,
Karsten