[PlanetCCRMA] Ardour hardware monitoring

John Yates jyates@hvc.rr.com
Sat May 15 19:03:01 2004

Well that's not doing what I was hoping for either although it makes
sense why. I'm wanting Ardour to manipulate the input and playback
levels going to the analog/headphone output for monitoring. Instead,
it is manipulating the levels going to the channel's direct hardware
output. Actually, I'm glad to see that Ardour is at least
communicating with the Digiface, but it still appears that an
outboard mixer is needed for this hardware switching to be useful.

So, if I were to be using an outboard mixer, the problem now seems
to be that when I record enable a track I get hardware monitoring of
the input, but when rolling the transport without punching in I
don't hear playback of the previously recorded material. I still
hear the live input. I tried this both with AutoInput on and off
which doesn't seem to make a difference. Disabling record on the
track restores playback from disk, but then obviously you can't
punch in.

Is this the current bug that Ron mentioned?