[PlanetCCRMA] xmms-mp3: Depends: xmms (= 1.2.7) but 1:1.2.7-21.p is to be installed

Tue May 11 12:25:04 2004

> apt-get told me to do an apt-get -f install, so I did, and it removed
> XMMS, so I tried to install it again...
>
> # apt-get install xmms xmms-mp3 flac-xmms
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.

>   xmms-mp3: Depends: xmms (= 1.2.7) but 1:1.2.7-21.p is to be installed
> E: Broken packages
> # cat /etc/apt/sources.list

[MUNCH]

You have something installed that conflicts with the Planet CCRMA xmms
(which is just the regular RedHat xmms, I think). See what packages you
have that have xmms in them:
  rpm -q -a | grep xmms

Most probably xmms-mp3 is the one that is conflicting (see where it came
from with a rpm -q -i). Erase that one and then try installing xmms
again.

-- Fernando