[PlanetCCRMA] ALSA: Cannot restart alsa - FC1 - ICE1712

Brian Arsenault barsenault@gto.net
Thu May 6 18:06:02 2004

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> Looks like an ALSA sound driver problem (that leads to a kernel oops).
> What are the lines surrounding the Ooops? There should be a stack trace
> dump for each oops.

There are no dumps, just the following lines:
May  6 17:48:11 balance gpm[3662]: O0o.oops(): [gpm.c(949)]:
May  6 17:48:11 balance gpm[3662]: mouse initialization failed

I am no longer loading gpm, and there are no longer any oops in
/var/log/messages.  I may try to compile alsa from source to see if that
helps.  But this is a fresh install of Fedora with only CCRMA packages.

I also have an onboard card, a CM8738 (cmipci.)  I configured it as the sole
card in modules.conf, and it behaves the same way as the Delta.

(shrug)

brian.