[PlanetCCRMA] added: aeolus

Wed May 5 10:40:03 2004

> > Anyway, back to bussiness... YAP! (yet another package!)
> >
> > * added aeolus 0.1.0-1 (and aeolus-stops 0.0.6-1). A very (very!) nice
> >   pipe organ by Fons Adriansen. Not available on RedHat 7.3.
> >
> I have try to run aeolus, but:
> $ aeolus
> /usr/bin/aeolus.bin: error while loading shared libraries:
> libclxclient.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory
>
> I'm running PlanetCCRMA over RedHat 9.
> The fix is to install classlibs-devel.
>
> I will look inside aeolus.src.rpm to see if there is a better fix.

I don't understand :-)
(what a surprise!)

Anyway, it looks like aeolus wants to load the ".so" shared library
(which is part of the -devel package). Apparently this behavior is
controlled by the shared library itself (the "-soname" option in ld). So
I created another version of the package that uses the major name of the
library instead (ie: soname is "*.so.0" instead of "*.so"). This appears
to work, _but_ /sbin/ldconfig (which is run when the package is
installed) recreates the .so file, which is then there but not owned by
any package. Weird. Anyone out there knows what I may be missing or what
I need to do to make this whole thing work?

-- Fernando