[PlanetCCRMA] M-Audio Delta 1010?

Tue May 4 19:10:03 2004

> Thanks Emiliano and Fernando!  Old habits die hard - still not used
> to ALSA. :)  I ran alsaconf and it took care of things without any
> trouble!  Fired up things w/ qjackctl and banged out some stuff w/
> fluidsynth on my Oxygen controller.  Excellent! :)
>
>     Having a bit of trouble w/ the envy controller though.  When I try
> to launch envy24control, the panel briefly pops open before segfaulting
> with a GTK Warning - invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to 'GtkObject.'
> The command line reports 0 input channels, 8 output channels, 8 PCM
> output channels and 2 SPDIF I/O channels.  A little surprised not to see
> the 8 inputs listed, and unsure how to debug the GUI crash.

Yes, that is strange. I'm running on RH9 and don't have a FC1 machine
with a Delta 1010, maybe I'll try to get that going to test this. This
is what envy24control reports in a RH9 host:

# envy24control
using    --- input_channels: 8
         --- output_channels: 8
         --- pcm_output_channels: 8
         --- spdif in/out channels: 2

And this is the lspci output:
03:02.0 Multimedia audio controller: IC Ensemble Inc ICE1712 [Envy24]
(rev 02)
        Subsystem: IC Ensemble Inc: Unknown device d630
        I/O ports at c800 [size=32]
        I/O ports at c400 [size=16]
        I/O ports at c000 [size=16]
        I/O ports at bc00 [size=64]